This blog is based on Rev. Kim's sermon "The Holy Spirit and Resurrection Hope", preached on October 22nd, 2023:
1. What are some non-Christian beliefs about what happens to us after we die? In your view, how do those beliefs affect grieving?
2. What does the Bible say will happen after we die? Some important texts to look at: I Peter 1:3-9, Ephesian 1:19-20, I Cor. 15:3-8, John 11:24-25, I Cor. 6:14, Romans 6:4
3. What difference does it make to your personal approach to your own death that there will be a general resurrection?
4. What difference does that make in how you live your life now?
5. MAID, Medical Assistance in Dying, is legal in Canada. In your view, what are some Christian responses to MAID?
6. What would you say to a Christian who is contemplating using MAID?
7. What is one thing you would say to someone who is experiencing long term suffering? What does Romans 8:18 say about this?
In 2023, each week's blog is a follow-up reflection written by the preceding Sunday’s preacher to dig deeper into the sermon topic and explore engaging discussion questions.