The God We Worship by Rev. Kim Salo
This blog is based on my sermon preached on March 19, titled "The God We Worship". The Bible passage I used is the story of Jesus and the woman at the well, John 4: 7-26.
1. Read John 4:7-9. There are lots of ethnic or racial or religious divisions around us. Do you have a no-go place in your life, a Samaria you’ve been told to stay away from? Can you remember a time when you went to a “Samaria”? How did it go?
2. Read John 4:10-19. Jesus knows details about her personal life. How comfortable are you with Jesus knowing every detail of your life? What does Jesus mean by “giving us living water”?
3. Read John 4:20-26. Why does the woman change the subject to her religion and Jesus’ religion? What does Jesus think is the right kind of religion? What does Jesus mean by “worship the Father in Spirit and in truth”?
4. Read John 4:27-38. Why do you suppose Jesus chose the woman at the well to reveal himself to for the first time in Samaria?
5. When do you most feel that you are worshipping the Father in Spirit and in truth?
6. Name one thing you are thirsting for in your relationship with Christ.
Comments are closed.
In 2023, each week's blog is a follow-up reflection written by the preceding Sunday’s preacher to dig deeper into the sermon topic and explore engaging discussion questions.