Hi! I’m your soon-to-be garden spot in the SE corner of 274 Campbell St, but I’ll look much better than the picture! I want to give glory to the One who made me, and to give joy to people passing by, as well as St Aidan’s. Make me a Glory Corner!
But first, I need some donating, preparing and nudging.
* I need a yard of black topsoil. Some nice ladies named Jan and Margaret gave me 2 bags of garden/potting soil. Sand or river stones might be nice too.
* I need some strong men to dig out the weeds. (Weeds are not my friends so you’ll make me happy.)
* A wonderful person named Carol spent hours, energy, and stamina around the lilac bush, digging up weed roots to prepare the rock garden. Your shovels are welcome to dig up more!
* I’d love it if you could move the little library closer to the sidewalk. It wants a post hole digger and a person digger.
* A compost bin…. (sigh).
* I need the lilac bush pruned and trimmed. A great guy named Chris has started.
* Nice people named Winston and Kathie brought rocks for my beautiful rock garden!
* I need some creeping thyme, lemon thyme, or woolly thyme for ground cover.
* A couple of hanging flower baskets would be pretty for the arbour, hm?
* When I’m all planted, I need some watering during the dry time.
* My herbs will need water, too. (Ben made the boxes. Isn’t he kind?)
Slowly, I will grow so everyone can enjoy me, but I’m a work in progress!
I really want to be yours, so we can all enjoy a bit of God’s glory at St Aidan’s, along with the lovely flowers and prayer garden. Join in! Let Lory or Lynne know what you want to do. I’m thrilled with your offers to help!
Comments are closed.
You are the Author here. Yes, you! Members and participants of St Aidan's Church community.